[FWDLK] '55 Plymouth sought

I have a neighbor who would like to find his old Plymouth.  He owned a '55 Plymouth 2door post car, V8 and stick that was dark green metallic.  Racing a new Chevy SS car he threw a rod and it was carted off to a south Dallas, Texas area junk yard.  He could not salvage the car from them but it was in such fine shape other than the motor that he believes it would have gotten back on the road.  Anyone have a car that fits this story?   Anyone have one just like it that would tempt his wallet?   He'd "give almost anything" to have that car back.

Wayne