[FWDLK] Valvo-LIFTERS

You may remember, from last time, that I had threatened to install those
new-fangled, state-of-the- Universe,  Schubeck hydraulic lifters in my
car's 325 Hemi....

Well, finding "them"  was NOT easy!  An Internet search on
"Schubeck.com"
 essentially produced no tangible leads...

Inquiries to my local indie parts shop, a local engine 'shop', & Kragen
Auto Parts produced only puzzled responses...

OK, time to go to the 'library', and and check-out my old MoPar
Action's...and , there it was : 12/03 (!) issue first discussed the
Schubecks, as part of their :"Off Our Rockers" article.

The Schubecks feature "ceramic composite wear surfaces", and require NO
break-in, and are VERY used-cam friendly. As the article states: " A
super-trick composite face means no break in is required, not even break
in lube. Start her up, & burn rubber. Swap em later to any other lobe,
or any other cam. This is a real technological breakthrough."

The article gives a website & phone (schubeckRACING.com  [OH, "racing",
huh?]
and 702-252-0677 [in Lost Wages, NV]

Called them today, & learned that they're too-busy to keep up with
orders, from word-of-mouth, alone, & that they do not have any
national-dealers/agents....

My order will be ready in about 2 weeks, and the COST?

It's a good thing I've only got ONE wife & ONE pet-car (both vintage) :
those puppies are gonna cost $720.00 !!!  'Regular' ones cost about
$60.00.

Their best attributes may be their compatability with 'mature'
camshafts, as new 'regular' lifters can/do  have wear/mating issues with
slightly worn camshaft lobes.

Still looking for exhaust headers, or, a profile/ specs, for their
fabrication.

Neil Vedder