Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 11:29 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Ebay Feed back

I agree with you guys.  Negative feedback is not the "champion of honesty" that some say.  I've had two negative feedbacks left on me recently, and both were completely retaliatory.  One was a buyer who never sent his payment and then refused to resend (or even discuss the matter).  He had obviously pulled the same thing a few days before, as his feedback profile showed a negative listing from another seller stating the exact same case.  After more than a month of sending emails which weren't answered, I left his negative feedback.  An hour later, he slammed me by leaving a negative feedback which stated "don't trust him".  This was from a guy who had a feedback score of (1), 3 positive and 2 negative.  The other was from a seller who misrepresented the brand of the item I purchased.   When the seller refused to respond to three weeks of emails, I left a NEUTRAL feedback for her.  Later that night, she (you guessed it) stuck me with a negative feedback stating that I never tried to contact her. (She received all the other emails I sent her immedaitedly after the auction though...)   I've bought and sold Forwardlook parts on eBay since 1998 and these two negative feedbacks took me down to 98.8% (feedback score of (221)).  Still, despite the fear that some have of the retaliatory strike, I refuse to let someone scare me out of posting the truth by threatening to "leave a negative on you too".  It's a tricky business at best!

Jim P