[FWDLK] Timing a 331 Hemi

Hi Every one I am trying to start the 331 hemi I just had rebuilt and wanted to ask if anyone had any tricks to setting the timing with the engine not running to start me off.  I read the book and it is confusing as to the proper way to do it. I think the book wants 10 Degs BTDC but if anyone has a more modern way of efficient way of doing it .  I would appreciate the help.  I have 3 weeks to have the car back together before the first car show of the season in Plattsburgh NY Thanks again for the help.  Chuck Deyoe   1955 New Yorker