Re: [FWDLK] vin decode for forward look cars

Re: [FWDLK] vin decode for forward look cars

The 1959 VIN can be decoded as it is similar to 1960, but the model year
("M") is the first digit and not the third.  Also the model, series and
assembly plant codes are different,.

But before that, only the 1958 VINs and the American-built 1955-57
Chrysler/Imperial can be decoded.  Before that, Chrysler products had serial
numbers, just a sequential number that started in 1924 with the Chrysler
Model B at 1001 (with a few dozen gaps over the years).  Thus they cannot be
'decoded'.

I have all the serial numbers for Chrysler Corporation cars, plus Maxwell
and Chalmers,  going back to about 1911.    I also have Australian numbers
for 1926 through 1962 plus some Britsh for the 1930's.  (Australian and
British assembled cars had two serial numbers - one given to the car/chassis
at Detroit or Windsor, and the second added when the car was assenbled.  The
Australian operation used locally built bodies).

For Plymouth Bekvedere V8, built at Lynch Road :

1959 - M256-100001

1958 - LP2-1001

1957 - 16083001 to 16392956

Can supply you with all the information you need.

Bill
Vancouver, BC