Re: [FWDLK] parts help

Ted,

Check out:

http://www.then-now.com/The_Cellar/cellar.htm

These folks not only are extremely knowledgable on '50s fuel pumps, they also manufacture fresh rebuild kits for same.

I used them a few years a go for a kit to rebuild the pump on my '57 Chrysler 300C.  Their service, delivery and quality was exemplary.

I was having a very hard time finding a replacement pump.  It made much more sense to rebuild not only from the cost standpoint, but the standpoint of knowing I would have the right pump for the application when finished.  In looking for a replacement pump, all of the ones I found that supposedly were a direct replacement for my original pump, looked surprisingly different when compared side by side.

Best Regards,

Thomas F. Miller
tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
'57 Chrysler 300C, '57 New Yorker T&C

>>> Ted Blackington <Cebuisle2@xxxxxxx> 5/14/2006 3:42 PM >>>
Hello list-

Can anyone refer me to a parts supplier? I need a fuel pump for a 56 Dodge
with poly 8 motor, or a rebuild kit for same. The Hollander says some late  56
Chrysler will interchange
with Dodge. Has anyone tried this interchange? Apparently the 56 Dodge pump
is hard to find-

I also need taillight lenses for my 56 Chrysler sedan. Is anyone  reproducing
these? They don't have to be show quality, just not missing any  plastic.

And lastly, not Forward Look, but might be of interest to some member.
Selling my 65 Crown Convertible, condition 4- or 5+, long storage. $2000.   If
interested, contact me off site-

                                                                 Thanks!
Ted