Re: [FWDLK] Charging my 6 V battery

Tom, .You could get a digital voltmeter for $20 or less and set it to a scale above 6 volts, like 20 volt dc scale and read the battery voltage with no charger attached. With no charger attached, you should measure about 6 volts, even with a weak battery. Then connect and power up the charger and you should see the voltage rise from about 6.0 volts to closer to 7 volts. Remember the red wire of the charger goes to + on the battery. If the voltage with your old charger attached does not go higher than you have some kind of charger problem.
Jim

tom taylor wrote:

I have concluded that the 50 year old charger must have a problem so I am going to spring for a new one. I aint cheap or anything like that but it did show a little charge while it was apparently draining the battery.

Thanks for input.

Tom Taylor

Jim Carpenter

President