Re: [FWDLK] Click-it or Ticket?

I drove a car with no belts as a daily for a couple years, got pulled over a
couple times, went through checkpoints a few times, never had a problem.

The car they show in that commercial, a 1967 GM product, would have belts.
I also have driven similar GM cars, where  the shoulder belt is seperate and
clipped to the headliner, wore just the lap belt, and again never had a
problem.

Cars weren't even mandated to have mounting points for belts until 1963, so
unless you really know what you're doing there isn't much point to it
anyhow - just bolting them through the floorpan is no good, the bolt will
rip right through it (I had a '59 Olds once that had added belts and the
rear floorpan was pulled up where someone had stopped hard with the car).

There is no requirement on commercials to be entirely truthful and no way a
30 or 60 second spot can address the differneces in laws in every state
anyhow.

Heck, it passed your state inspection without them didn't it?  That aught to
answer the question right there -

Bill K.