Re: [FWDLK] Click-it or Ticket?

For those who may install these, the washer is a help but not a good way to install. Check at a local steel supplier or weld shop for some 1/4" + thick steel plate. maybe 6" X 6" or 6" X whatever will fit under the mount bolts (to bolt both belts for one seat), drill thru them with the exact size hole for the bolt and that should hold most anyone.

Ray

On May 24, 2006, at 1:59 AM, David Homstad wrote:

Greg,

?

Most states, if not all, have an exemption for cars not originally equipped with seatbelts. The exception to this rule is child safety laws. My guess is that most states require child seatbelts for older children and car seats for smaller children.

?

J.C. Whitney has some nice belts with a solid chrome vintage look buckle, that bolt to the floor with reinforcement “washers”. They come in several colors and 3 lengths. Reasonably priced. I put a pair in one of my cars.

?

Dave

?

-----Original Message-----
From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Greg and Colleen Filtz
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:30 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Click-it or Ticket?

?

Gang,

?

I have been noticing the "Click-it or Ticket" ads on television and radio of late.?? I was under the impression that our vehicles were "grandfathered" and would not fall into this law.??? Tonight I saw an ad that said "classic or modern, unless you click-it you will get a ticket".?? What gives??? Has the law recently changed??? I guess the final word will have to come from my local police department.??? I will stop to find out and let everyone know what was said.??? Before I get any "safety first" emails, I do plan on putting in lap belts soon.??? I just don't know if?lap belts?will be enough for the law or not.???

?

Greg in WI