[FWDLK] Beating a horse....

Ray   apparently forgot to mention that you should also  install
shoulder restraints, and front & side airbags, along with the seat-belt
welded steel plate floor reinforcements....

Altho I readily admit that I do not know the gauge & tensile strength of
good condition
floor pan steel, I question whether a super-
reinforced seat belt mount would provide
significant occupant safety, over that which would be realized, from the
addition of large steel washers installed on both sides of the floor
pan.

I would  argue that a more-effective project would be the addition of a
locking-mechanism, to the front seat back (similar to the very simple,
but effective system as used in 1st generation mid-60's Mopes, which
involved a basic lever-catch mechanism). A "locking"
mechanism would serve to provide real protection to front and rear seat
passengers, by stabilizing the seat back, during decelleration &/or
frontal impacts.

 Firm Feel company sells "carbon-metallic" brake linings, which can be
bonded onto your Centerplane brake shoes, on an exchange-
basis.

A particular MoPar dual-resevoir master cylinder can be installed, to
provide an increased measure of safety, and, the brake lines, and/or
wheel cylinders, themselves, can be replaced.

The brakes can be up-graded to mid 60's Bendix Duo-Sevo units, or, more
expensively, to AAJ disc brakes.

All of the above retro-fits might KEEP you from having to rely on the
seat belts, & floppy seat-back, which will operate to cantilever you
into the non-energy-absorbing steering wheel, dashboard, and/or
windshield.

As I said, before, I do not know the PSI required to rip-out a
'washered' seatbelt, from the floor pan, but, I'll bet (but don't want
to find out!) that the force-of-impact required to do so
would be sufficient to inflict major injuries to the occupant(s) ,
regardless of the
restraint-system installed in the car.

Neil Vedder