Re: [FWDLK] Harmonic Balancer Question

I had a harmonic balancer once where I could sping the inner and outer rings independently of each other by hand...that would be a bad one I'm pretty sure.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Casey" <dcasey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Harmonic Balancer Question

There are a couple things. First, if the timing marks no longer line up when the motor is at TDC, the outer ring has slipped and the damper needs to be rebuilt. Also, if the rubber isolator is deteriorated, hanging out, etc, you'd do well to have it replaced.
If you plan to red line the engine a lot, you should probably have any old balancer replaced or refurbished.

Dave Casey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>