[FWDLK] Wonder chemicals (for those interested)

[FWDLK] Wonder chemicals (for those interested)

I am not one to sing the praises of miracle cures, But. I bought 75 Cadillac with a 500 engine because I wanted that drive train for my next street rod project. The car had died of a bad starter and battery and been left sitting for almost two years. I bought it cheap figuring as I was just paying for the basic engine core charge I didn't have much to lose.
I changed the starter and fired it up. It rattled like crazy. I figured collapsed lifters, bent pushrods or pushrods worn through the rocker and much more. As a lark, I bought a bottle of Sea-Foam and a friend put it in as he was at the shop and said it seemed to quiet down a bit. I went out a week later and fired it up and couldn't believe it. Smooth as silk and as quiet as a Cadillac should be. Next plan is to warm it up and change the oil and more of that stuff. It must have been really effective at removing varnish in the lifters I quess. The have some stuff for transmission as well, I am going to put some of that in as well and see if it makes any difference.
I have no affiliation with the product, I just had seen some comments on the internet that it was pretty good and I saw it at Napa and grabbed a bottle.