[FWDLK] 1961 Newport w/ 3 speed manual trans, fully restored, for sale

[FWDLK] 1961 Newport w/ 3 speed manual trans, fully restored, for sale

Hi list,

I bought this ’61 Newport 2 door hardtop factory stickshift as a direct result of this list, in October 2004 (mentionned in one of Dan’s lists of cars for sale), restored it over the winter, and now it’s time to find it a new home. Gawd, how I wish I could keep it – I really, really love it – but you know how it goes: too many cars, not enough space.  Before advertising it elsewhere, I thought it would be quite fitting if I first tried to find it its next home also through this list.  So here’s the pitch; any interested parties, please contact me privately at: crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1961 Chrysler Newport 2 door hardtop. Factory 3 speed manual trans w. 361 V-8.  Factory Dubonnet and Alaskan White exterior and interior. Fully restored, ready to go, drive anywhere, anytime, at any speed. Manual trans, manual steering, manual brakes; power seat; 7-button radio w. rear speaker; tinted glass all windows; Flytesweep decklid. Accessory package “B” and Light package, Undercoating.  Those are the factory options as backed up by build sheet.

This car has been lovingly restored. It’s absolutely STUNNING, both inside and out. From the fully restored Astradome to the seats reupholstered with SMS material to the detailed engine compartment, and extra nice straight body with gorgeous paint job. All mechanicals are 100% and the car is a pleasure to drive.

Check out pictures taken recently at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC  (yes, drove 200 mile round trip with ZERO problems at 17 mpg ! ) :   http://chrysler300club.com/jhstuff/61newport/done/done.html

As I said – it’s ready for a new home, all the work is DONE and DONE WELL.  I’ll gladly talk to anyone about it, what’s been done, etc. ; please e-mail me or call me at (631) 725-5603 (leave ms. w. your number and best time to call back if you get the machine) if seriously interested. Price ?  an absolute bargain at $32,500 o.b.o to a really good home.  Can delier to Chryslers at Carlisle, or fly in / drive home.

Thanks,

John Hertog

Sag Harbor NY