[FWDLK] Where it all "began"....

...SORT-of ! [see attachment, below]

The FWDLK website had originally  posted the story of the "Buried
Plymouth", on its Home page.

The FWDLK archives are available/located :
(forwardlook.net/archived-discussion/articles  and at:
forwardlook.net/archived-exhaustpipe/articles

The archives go back to 1999.

I'm sending (hopefully) the General Discussion "archives" main-page
(which make for great reading)...

If you (bother to) check the 1999 threads, you'll find that on 12/23/99,
and thereafter, on different threads,  the Buried Plymouth begins to be
discussed.

That's SIX.5  years ago!

BTW, thanx to my business being 'slow' today, I was able to read the
"earliest" archives, & discovered, therein,  that the issue-date, of the
Life Magazine article, on the Buried Plymouth is : 7/1/57.

Y'all should 'record' that date, for-when you might have the opportunity
to look @ a stack of "Life's", @ a thrift/antique shop, or @ a swap
meet.

Finally (I told you it was slow @ work, today!) I contacted Hemmings
Classic Cars and Motor Trend Classic, & told 'them' about the Buried
Plymmie, (apparently for the 'first-time'!!!)
and they shall, reportedly, contact the Oklahoma Centennial Committee
and/or Tulsa C of C, about arranging to "cover" the big-event.

That got me to thinking (instead of working...)
that our English (I'm thinking "American Classic" magazine) and Swedish
(lotsa American-car mags, "there") & French (I know there's @ least one
Am-car mag)  List Members should consider contacting "their" contries'
car-mags, & see if THEY would like to cross-the-pond, & cover the
festivities!!!!!

I'll contact the FWDLK's General Discussion
'board', manana, & invite them to the Doubletree, ( can you imagine a
hotel "completely" taken-over by Forwardlooking people, annd
CARS??--fortunately, there is a LOT of time, to "fill" the place, before
the General-Public starts trying to 'book' reservations)  & ask them to
try to contact their
overseas magazines, too  .

Neil Vedder