[FWDLK] ADJUST THIS....

Bill brings up an interesting point, about the "Bendix Duo-Servo "
brakes, as installed on 60's Mopes.

When I retro-fitted Bendix 11x3" brakes on my car, I removed the
self-adjusting 'bits-pieces'
from the brakes.

NOW, I kinda wish I'd kept them on the brakes &/or arranged to make them
"work", as the Bendix's are VERY powerful, and tend to
'go' out of close-tolerance/adjustment, so that they can tend to be very
'touchy/grabby' in their application, where they come-on
suddenly/sharply. They are easy to adjust, manually, & don't have the
bass-ackwards
wrench-adjustment procedure, that the Lockheed Centerplanes have.  But,
without those self-adjusters, the Benix's need attention, kind of like a
mid-60's Hemi car, with solid-valve lifters requires, as compared to the
late 60's Hemis, with their hydraulic lifters....

SO, there was a sound-engineering reason, to put self-adjusters, on the
Bendix brakes!

A necessity, rather than a 'luxury'.

Neil Vedder