From: Rich Barber [mailto:c300@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:29 AM
To: 'tom taylor'; L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [FWDLK] Driving fan cage off of motor shaft

Tom:

Thanks for the warning & tips.

Excellent point that I have previously learned the hard way by mushrooming and bending a shaft.  I tapped this one lightly and will finish driving out with a ¼” cone tipped drift punch.  Been over 100 13 days straight and expect another two days of it before it breaks—so will let her soak a few more days before finishing.  I’ll try the prying first, but the squirrel cage is large diameter and kind of flimsy and the mounting plate is fiber, not steel.  Still 101 in the garage at 9:30 PM thanks to parked hot Jeep & Durango.

I have heard good things about PB Blaster, Deep Creep and Kroil.  All could do with more descriptive names—like Liquid Wrench??

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA