Re: [FWDLK] Transmission Fluids

Hi, Wayne; with all due respect to Sir George, please ask him when I
might expect my T/F to self destruct, as it's been running various
iterations of Dexron since about 1980.

Actually, that's not quite zactly true; I had the trannie  be
'modified/upgraded' , around 1994-ish, by  installing John Veatch's
HD governor weights & springs, etc., with increased line-pressue. The
car's mileage, about-then, was around 45K.  A few years ago, I converted
the trannie to 'water-cooled', and since the '92 upgrade, the
transmission has been dialed-in, to continues produce hard/firm shifts,
with Dexron; don't think I've ever put Type F in Horrie, but don't know
his history, over the 1st 23 years/32 K miles, of his life.

So, as S.G. decrees that we should "not ever" run Dexron, but, as we all
run our cars "hard" nowadays, please inquire for me as to how long my
trannie has to live, & how we-all haven't been reading, over  the past
decade(s), about how/why Dexron is killing our cars.

Neil Vedder