Re: [FWDLK] fer shame - 62 NYker wagon

that wagon is a quick fix.... probably about 2 weeks of after-work nights would finish it up without a real sweat.... all the important mechanicals seem to be done.... a major project would be taking 3 bodies, each with solid specific areas, drilling every factory spot weld and repuddling mig welds in their place to make a rust-free 2dr hardtop from a 4dr sedan and 2 hardtop donors, then worrying about drivetrain, rear, and braking choices...  that kinds of project set me back about 3 months 2 yrs ago....

the whole point of the hobby is to drive your cars, granted its nice to have "stock" cars with correct paint inspection markings and correct carb tags....  i have a few of those too, but i'd rather cruise around with disc brakes, big blocks, or even put a fury up on 2 wheels down the track now and then.

someone on the list should grab the wagon and finish it up and drive it, afterall, its a wagon, meant to be driven....  and now that all the 2dr hardtops and convt's are dried up on the market, some have no choice but to turn to 4drs and wagons.    id grab it as is, if i wasnt getting a '60 new yorker and a 41 plym coupe next week.

good luck to whoever gets it, and let me know if you need a driveline for it!!  about 13 to choose from if you do.

jim