Re: [FWDLK] steering column boot

Roger,

The answers are yes and no, yes and no, and maybe.

According to the Parts List bible, in 56, Plymouth had 4 different part numbers for this part, depending on 6 or 8 cylinder, and with manual trans or PowerFlite. Two of these PNs are the same as all 55s and these 2 are the same for all 55 and 56 Dodges. Two of these PNs are unique to 56 Plymouth.

I don’t recall if you need to pull the steering column. The pad is probably slotted so it can be installed after the column is in place. Parts of the column are larger than the diameter at the floor and would be difficult pass through this pad.

If you send me your model, engine type, steering type, and trans type, I can give you the PN and interchange.

I seen to recall somebody selling repros on eBay on rare occasions.

Dave Homstad

56 Dodge D500