Re: [FWDLK] Replacing glass

Was your installer a small, local guy or a national company?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Replacing glass

I approached the removal and reinstallation differently from many of your other responses.  For what it is worth, I assumed the original gasket was salvageable.  I had a pro remove the windshield.  I then cleaned, scraped and washed the old gasket carefully removing the sealer in the internal groves - this took several hours.  The same pro installed a new windshield with appropriate sealers.  The complete package looks great and does not leak.  Most close inspectors want to know where I bought the "new" gasket.

Hope this helps.

Dick Skinner
1959 Plymouth Sport Suburban
1953 Maxim Pumper Fire Truck