--- Begin Message ---
  • From: kraus300@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:54:35 +0000
Neil,

One of our premier resources on the Dodges (Mr Greg L) says the '57 Dodges were painted with the front ends off, the 57Chryslers with the front ends on. Thus the reason for the body color firewall, black inner fenders and rad yoke (aka core support). We didn't talk Plymouth or Desoto.
He further noted that his research shows the black was a conventional full gloss alkyd enamel. It is thought that the less than full gloss or satin effect we see today is due to engine heat and age. Quality and amount of paint coverage probably varied lots. I also don't think too many people were waxing the paint under their hoods.

Jim

From: eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>