[FWDLK] Sanderson "Block-Hugger" headers

[FWDLK] Sanderson "Block-Hugger" headers

These guys are the "Block Hugger" headers that I discussed, a couple
years ago (by now, probably).

They DO fit/align to the exhaust ports on 315/325 block, BUT (An
Inconvenient Truth, here:) they just happen, at least on the driver's
side .......(I can't recall what my muffler/exhaust-pipe/driveline shop
said , about the passenger-side "fit")......to have the forward-
pipe contact the front motor mount, and the rear 'dump' happens to
align/hit, etc, the torsion bar!!!

But, they do 'hug' the engine-block, so, if you are making up a custom
"hot-rod", they will fit
the "bill".

I had purchased the headers, directly from Sanderson, for about $429.00
(iirc----forget what this-seller 'wants', for them)....several YEARS
before finally 'arranging' to get my MoPar Sono 4-X mufflers, and
installing a 2 1/4" aluminized pipe-system.

After learning of the non-fit, Sanderson DID refund my money,
thank-you-very-much, upon receiving-back the headers.

What my 'shop' FAILED to offer/mention to me, is that they (certainly)
could-have re-cut/re-configured a "new" set of headers "OUT-OF"  these
'Block Huggers' , & that I could have, then,  sent-out the fabb'ed-up
headers to a plater, for re-aluminizing/chroming/whatever!!

Apparently, my shop 'forgot' to mention Plan-B, to me, & I never THOUGHT
about cannibalizing
the headers (even tho "cannibalize" ought to be my Middle name!).

So, if you are interested in adopting headers to your T/bar-car (or
56'er-earlier) , my suggestion is either order a set from Sanderson (if
they're cheaper than this 'auction') or watch this 'guy, & bid LESS than
Sanderson's 'new-cost'.

THEN, be "prepared"  to modify these headers, so that they WILL fit your
car's application.

Neil Vedder