Van: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens eastern sierra Adj Services
Verzonden: donderdag 21 september 2006 6:53
Aan: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [FWDLK] A Respectable Man, Outgassing Vinyl ???

The first part of the Subject-line, is the translation, from the Italian
movie-title, below, which has the BEST automobile chase sequence I've
ever seen, on the basis of originality, as well as in its execution (
even though, our Hero begins the chse in a 1958 Belvie, which morphs
into the 1960 Phoenix 4-dr sedan "from Hell" , and THEN drives  into, &
OUT of,  a torrential rain storm! )

If you look closely At the PLY, it appears to escape the chase virtually
unscathed, which is more than can be said for its "stand-in" Phoenix
(or, is it a Seneca?) .

This video is courtesy of the FWDLK website's "Rec Room" site.

The second part of the Subject-line refers to an article in today's
L.A. Time's  Weekly Imported-car Info-mercial section : "Highway"  which
discusses the fact that that nasty oily residue, which  appears to
appear out-of-nowhere, on the interior of windshields,
is actually the chemical deposition of outgassing from vinyl dashboards
(& padded dashes)----the more direct-exposure to the sun/
heat, the more dense is the accumulation of that stuff.

So, altho I keep Horrie out of direct sunlight (RIGHT!) , in CA, I now
know that his clear plastic seat covers are slowly vaporizing.

AND, if anyone (else) has wondered about how/why new cars smell
'different' (worse) from the way that they did,  in the 50's/60's,
"outgassed vinyl" from virtually every part of a car's interior, now,
is a significant component of "New Car Smell".

Disfrute la pelicula!!!

Neil Vedder