[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] 200030593274 eBay

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 200030593274 eBay

56 and 57 are completely different.  In order to place a 2:90 gear in my B, I had to install a 57 rear end assembly.  Fits perfectly(perhaps a 1/4 inch wider wheel to wheel.  Tried for several years to find a 3:08 gear(which was available in 56--some say it was a 3:07) but unable to do so.  3:08's were available in Imperials with Torqueflights that were sold in the flat lands of America.  Anyhow that is what I learned somewhere during my search.  Love the 2:90 gear on the highway, and have not lost much go(the Hemi will handle it just fine) around town.  My solid lifters no more sound like they are swapping holes at 75 mph.  For those who are in apoplexy over this swap) I did retain my 56 rearend assembly.  Driveshaft also as you must make a new shaft as the rear pinion shaft U-Joint assembly is different between the years.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calyfornua