From: MJRAGUSE@xxxxxxx
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 57-8 Plymouth Hood Latch

In a message dated 9/28/2006 11:29:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Everyone -

Is the large spring for the 57-8 Plymouth hood latch (the thing that bolts
to a support near the radiator) supposed to be painted a certain color ?

Thanks,

Ron
Hi Ron,
The large spring you speak of is the hood pop-up spring.  It and the two end pieces are not painted.  The two end forms that contain the spring appear are cadmium coated. The spring has a protective coating that is natural for spring material. The striker pin, in the center, is also not painted but coated with a cadmium material.  Mine are somewhat oxidized so the coloration can be misleading but none the less they are not painted.

Marv