--- Begin Message ---
  • From: esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx (eastern sierra Adj Services)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 20:22:58 -0700
Jim's postings, on his car's (Mr. Greene) operational snafu, inspires me
to challenge everyone here, who either intends to drive to Tulsa, next
year, or who has neglected
or postponed repairing  his car's front suspension, or who just is not
happy about how his car steers/handles, to consider THIS WINTER
overhauling your car's suspension(s).

I KNOW;  a couple months ago I finally got around to having my car's
upper & lower control arm busings, AND motor/trans  mounts,  be
replaced----OEM, from 1957.

Just Suspension sells all the front end bushings
you'll need, including exclusively-available  Heavy Duty front strut-rod
bushings.

Motor & tranmission mount appear  semi-regularly, on ebay, & other
providers, like Atlas or Bernbaum, may sell them.

Worn control arm bushings, I discovered , can prevent a car from
maintaining a true alignment.

I'll bet that a LOT of our cars are riding on their OEM control arm
bushings, & that's a shame, because they are not all-that difficult, to
replace.

I also recommend that you consider installing gas-controlled shock
absorbers.

Then, there's the overhauling of the power steering pump, & even the
power steering gearbox.

And, there's the motor and transmission mounts!  I was amazed,  how much
of the  front end vibration I was experiencing , disappeared after
replacing those  pieces.

There's a lot of componentry associated with achieving steering and
handling  stability.

Please consider upgrading your car's underpinnings THIS winter!!

Neil Vedder