[FWDLK] Oil Pressure on 1955 Poly

When I first start my 1955 Dodge with the 270 Poly V8, the oil pressure takes 5 or so seconds to get the guage moving and up to operating pressure.  It runs around 45 pounds at idle once it builds up or at least that is what the guage shows.  If I pump it and let it crank and idle and build up, no problems.  If it goes up past idle at start, I hear what might be mains rattling.  It seems to improve when I changed the oil.  I run 30W in it.

Any ideas what the cause is?

Tom Taylor