Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 3 Oct 2006 to 4 Oct 2006 (#2006-17)

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 3 Oct 2006 to 4 Oct 2006 (#2006-17)

Oil Pressure on 1955 Poly engine Plymouth

    Tom,

        When the cars sits overnight the oil drains into the pan. When you start it up and the idle goes high,----- that is the mains rattling because the oil has not gotten to them yet.  It is better when you change oil because the new oil travels faster then the old dirty oil.
          I recommend that you maybe clean the screen on the pickup in the oil pan just incase it is a little clogged and maybe add a can of STP or my favorite Dura Lube. The Dura Lube will free your engine up and the idle will go up about 100 to 250 RPM just minutes after you pour it in your car. When you shut the car off it will stay on the metal parts.

                      Ron Swartley