[FWDLK] Oil is like Potato Chips

The discussion about Pennzoil got me to digging around on the internet to see what I could learn about Pennzoil and its oil products.  What I found was that there have been many mergers and now one company sells Pennzoil, Quaker State and an oil exploration and pipeline company (which was previously partly owned by the senior George Bush.  It appears that much of the oil comes out of the Gulf now and from different areas of the world.  There is really no mention of oil coming from Penn. any where – not to say that is does not.

I use the potato chip analogy because of all of the mergers and spin offs of food companies which parallel the oil companies.  Anymore it is all about branding and carrying the best known brands forward.

In my mind it is all the same  when it meets the service codes, which have evolved over time.

Tom Taylor