Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Oils ? Well....

Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Oils ? Well....

I can't speak for the quality of multi-grade motor oil in the 1960s but I do remember when the logging contractor I worked for made the switch from 30 weight to 15/40 weight in 1980. I was driving a Kenworth truck with a 1693 Cat engine under the hood,  it gained 7 pounds oil pressure at the top the hill (as hot as it will get) with the multi grade oil. As far as longevity goes, we took the engine out at 750,000 miles, mainly to update the truck with a lighter more modern replacement. That engine is still serviceable, it is being stored as a back-up for the company's road grader.

Mike