From: debenson2
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 7:41 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] 55 2 door new yorker

Hello, all...
On a '55 New Yorker 2 door...
The mechanism that opens the door on the end of the rod from the handle (s) has broken off... inside and outside handles seem intact
This part looks like it somehow trips the lock wheel...(The lock that mates with the door striker)

So the door is closed and we are unable to open it to remove the lock mechanism held in by 4 screws from the outside....
How do I open the door to get at it???
I have a photo of the part that we found in the door, it is attached to this email but do not know if it will make it through the FL server, email me and I can send it to anyone who may ID it for me...
Ideas??
Thank you...