[FWDLK] 1955-56 Chrysler, Imperial & DeSoto outside door handles & insid

[FWDLK] 1955-56 Chrysler, Imperial & DeSoto outside door handles & inside window cranks

My 1955-58 Chrysler parts manual shows the outside front and rear door
handles on '55 Chryslers, Imperials and DeSotos are the same on each side,
but each side is different.  Ditto for 1956.

The internal latch hardware would be different due to a varying width of the
doors and the front doors only locking.

I would appreciate and respect anyone's observations to the contrary.  A
helpful consultant recently suggested the back door handles might be a
better choice as they would have been used less.

As a matter of possible interest, I have noted that the part number for the
longer front window crank of a Chrysler or Imperial is 1602528 and the
shorter rear quarter window crank is 1602529. This varies somewhat from the
numbers in the parts book at Codes 23-14-18 and 23-14-79.  The shorter rear
window crank allows operation without banging one's knuckles on the rear arm
rest.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300 (Looking for very nice outside door handles for both sides)