Re: [FWDLK] 48 year old paint

My paint guy recommended a light wet sanding with 1200-1500 grit wet-dri paper and then buffing with (I think) a 3M machine liquid polishing compound for my 300 D. It worked great except where the tail of the car had sat out under a tree for years before I got it and sap and bird poop permanently stained the white paint. I had tried to polish without sanding and it didn't work real well. Kept loading the pad up with dead paint and that dead paint could actually add scratches to the paint still on the car.

Bill Huff