From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List on behalf of Tom Stroup
Sent: Sat 10/21/2006 12:44 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Differential Gasket source for 1956 New Yorker ?

I would make one, if it was my project.
You have the pattern in the axle, differential, and/or the pumpkin.
Trace it, or tap it out with a small hammer and a piece for
the gasket, or a pattern. Trim it. Seal it with a skim of TV
if you think it needs it, and use it.  It is almost fun.
BUTT.

I would have used TV only, but I thought the compressed gasket in place
probably gave the needed spacer thickness to align the side gears with the
axle centerlines.  Maybe it isn't that important.

Tom S
Southern Ohio.