[FWDLK] 1955 Chrysler 300 needs & questions

[FWDLK] 1955 Chrysler 300 needs & questions

For my 1955 Chrysler 300, I’m looking for the passenger’s side trumpet horn and a pair of the bolts with special ends that are used to connect to the straps holding the gas tank.  Time and modern fuel had kind of dissolved the vent hose off the tank and it would leak out the vent when filled.  Unsafe, not environmentally correct and expensive.

Question:

Is it possible the cross member that supports the rear motor mount is not symmetric?  After removing and reinstalling the cross member to install a new rear motor mount, I’ve noticed the drive shaft is not centered in the front part of the tunnel.  The balance weights make a funny sound when rubbing against the tunnel with four big passengers in the car.  I’m wondering if my mechanic might have reversed the cross member.  The front motor mounts do not appear to be deteriorated and I’m assuming the driveshaft should be pretty much centered in its tunnel.

Any insights would be appreciated.  We’ll take some measurements tomorrow, but I’m real reluctant to just re-drill the cross member to center the driveshaft.  I’m wondering if the motor mount itself might not be symmetric and could have been installed improperly.

C-300’ly.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA