Re: [FWDLK] Get your new 392 now!

Hmmmm.

The standard 3rd generation Hemi is 5.7 l or around 353 cu. in.  The
SRT-8 motor is 6.1 l.  my math brings that to ~ 368 cu. in.  If it is
the same block, they've poked and / or stroked it out to ~6.4 l to get
to 392 cu.in.

I'd be astonished if any of the original tooling still exists for a 50
year old motor that was only sold for two years.  I'd be even more
astonished if Chrysler recreated all of that tooling to come up with a
couple of low production crate motors for the Mopar Performance program.

As much as I'd like to think it's the "original", I'm guessing it's the
21st century version.  But, I could be wrong too.....  ;-)

TFM

Wayne Graefen wrote:

> If I read this whole page correctly at  http://tinyurl.com/y9r3mz
there
> are NOW new 392 hemis available from Mopar just as there have been
new
> 426 hemis in recent years.  Or am I missing something on the page and

> this is another upgrade of the 5.7, 6.1  new series motors?  Excerpt

> from link below.
> Wayne

> 392 Technical Specifications
> To help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legendary engine, Mopar
is
> launching an all-new 392 HEMI crate motor for a new generation of
> performance enthusiasts. This engine-built with all new components-is
> complete engine assembly from the throttle body to the oil pan, and
> cranks out 525 horsepower in it most potent form.
>
> Three different versions of the new 392 are available from Mopar:
> * P5153604 392 HEMI Crate Engine - Carbureted, 540 horsepower and
490
> lb.-ft of torque
> * P5253605 392 HEMI Crate Engine - SEFI, 525 horsepower and 510
lb.-ft.
> of torque
> * P5153603 392 HEMI Long Block HEMI Crate Engine
>
> Technical specifications include:
> * Deep-skirted cast iron block with cross-bolted mains
> * CNC-ported aluminum twin-plug cylinder heads
> * Stainless steel 2.100" intake and 1.600" exhaust valves
> * Ovate wire (beehive competition) valve springs
> * Viton competition valve stem seals
> * 279°/285° hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.584" intake and 0.552"

> exhaust lift
> * Forged pistons (4.055" bore)
> * 10.5:1 compression ratio
> * Aluminum single plane high rise intake manifold with Holley 870
cfm
> 4-bbl carburetor for carbureted 392 applications (1)
> * 4140 forged steel crankshaft - 3.795" stroke
> * 4130 forged- steel I-beam performance connecting rods - 6.200"
length
> * SFI-approved competition crankshaft damper
> * "Plug-and-Play" wiring harnesses (2)
> * 80 mm manual throttle body on fuel-injected engines (3)
> * Premium tri-metal performance engine bearings
> * Precision balanced rotating assembly
> * Distributorless coil-on-plug (COP) ignition system

This is the STROKED version of the 5.7  its the 'OPTIONAL" motor in the

SRT-8

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy