Re: [FWDLK] Needs Restored

Most of the old newspaper ads I have placed and seen placed with bad grammar and spelling are simply for cost savings. Some places charged per letter instead of per word, or limited the number of characters in an ad. "Needs restored" is cheaper than "Needs restoration" or allows you to add 3 more letters elsewhere. I think that phrase then worked its way into the vernacular, just like "OK" did in 1840, or the people on the east coast refer to Pennsylvania as P.A. "I'm going up to PeeAay for the weekend to visit muh folks."

Lou