Re: [FWDLK] Stuck in the 50's

Greg,

I hate to admit it, but I graduated from high school in 1961.  But I don't hate to admit that I had a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr HT (coral and white) and, later, a 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 dr HT while in high school (copper/bronze).

I never had fuzzy dice or anything similar in either one at the time.  Neither did most other people.  It seems to me that the most prevalent users of the fuzzy dice were those persons who customized 1950 Mercurys or 1957 Chevys with oversize fender skirts and the like.  But they were only a small minority.

I still wouldn't get caught with fuzzy dice in my car today. As far as I am concerned, it is presently way overplayed at car shows, etc.  It was never that popular to begin with.

In fact, it is illegal in Illinois to have anything hanging from your rear view mirror.  A couple of years ago, a little old lady was arrested because she had a rosary hanging from her mirror.  The case received a lot of notoriety in the local press, TV, etc.  When it came up for an appearance before the court, the prosecutor agreed with the judge that the case should be thrown out.

With best regards,

Jim Pristelski
Huntley, IL