Re: [FWDLK] Stuck in the 50's

What custom goodies and modifications you would put on a car depended on the area and part of the country you lived in. East coast kustoms always looked different than West coast cars.An old timer told me where he lived in PA you never saw a chopped top and if someone was to have one he would be looked at like a freak.The best way to see what was actually done to cars in the old days is get an old JC  Whitney catalog or an old Almquist catalog and see what was available,or rent some old 50's J.D. Hot Rod movies.Old 50's Hot Rod and Custom books show the trends too.My favorites are the "mini" mags.
Adam Lindenbaum (never lived in the 50's but I'm stuck there)
57 Savoy Kustom
58 426 Hemi/4 speed Fury
27 Ford Roaster Pick up (traditional 50's Rod)