Re: [FWDLK] Stuck in the 50's or just sightly into the 60's.

Re: [FWDLK] Stuck in the 50's or just sightly into the 60's.

In a message dated 11/5/2006 11:26:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
They were called "Sleepy Eyes" and were Chrome plated sheetmetal which
you slipped under the Headlight Bulb retainer.

The (Alleged) use of them was to prevent extra light rays from going upwards.  They were supposed to improve vision in fog.

Another "Vision improver" was the installation of blue (purple) marker lights in the upper outside corners of the windshield, inside the car.  I don't know if they helped, but they sure looked cool!
(That thought just came flooding back from out of my MENTAL fog....)

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan