From: esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:08 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] TulsaRama....

Glenn, I do NOT believe that the local Dodge dealer will start
disassembling Virgil; if ONLY because it can't get any parts, any easier
than WE can.

Reading between the lines, the Dodge Dealer "looks" like it will
maintain POSSESSION/care over the car, which is not a bad thing, as the
car will probably be displayed prominently, AND, the "only" people who
would be "interested"  in the car would be Chrysler-people, or, @ least,
car-people.

Just like a newborn, Virgil will probably NOT be very photogenic, until
he gets cleaned-up.
I truly believe that, beyond keeping the doors open...( & losing that
"new" car smell---OH, how I would love to smell THAT, one more time!)...
the dealership will appreciate that it is merely storing the car. I hope
that Virg is being supported by his suspension, and not by his tires!

The BIGGEST 'worry', is if the dealership tries to get the car started
(using all the necessary/proper protocols).  It really should NOT try to
do anything, mechanical,  to the car, and it PROBABLY will not, because
it (as a business) would want to get PAID for its work, and I do not
believe that the City of Tulsa's Councilmen would vote to spend money on
doing anything to the car, beyond cleaning-it-up.

The FWDLK has @ least one member, who lives in T-Town, & I hope that he
would exert his concern/influence on the City/dealership involved, to
preserve the car.

NOBODY will officially own him, until all the (potentially
mind-boggling) litigation is settled, over his ownership (think about
that last-remaining Cobra Coupe----the litigants will believe that
Virgil is "priceless"---which he really IS) .

It is probable that Virgil will end up @ Barrett-Jackson; it is
un-likely that the Germans, who own Chrysler, would be willing to pay
1/2 MIL for him.

He would make QUITE a museum attraction.

As far as I know, the POC is planning on staying @ the Doubletree Hotel
; I wrote to Ms. Gwen Cairns, Pres of the POC, recently, & know of no
other close-by hotels.

As I have posted on the FWDLK's website,
if anyone even REMOTELY can be able to attend the Tulsa festivities, he
should make every effort to do so, as there probably will not be any
other FWDLK-gathering EVER, with as many attendees, as there will be, in
Tulsa.

Neil Vedder

Attached Message