To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:39 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] FWDLK Festivities.....

Dave, et al, initially, Ms. Paula Hale @/of the OK Centennial Committee,
was VERY friendly and communicative, primarily with Alumcan, and me,
regarding what/how the Committee/City might do, logistically, and
socially about Virgil's Birthday Party.

At one point, she said that the Committee/City
was contemplating having a "sock-hop", on SAT, possibly featuring The
Beach Boys.

I wrote to her, saying that the B.-B.'s would NOT be a good choice, as
they are, now, a sit-down band, & not a Doo-Wop/Get-Down dance band.

About the time that it became apparent that it would not be, physically,
possible to un-earth the Car, publically, due to "space-considerations",
Ms. hale became non- communicative.

Altho most of us would want to be physically-present, at the time of his
un-earthing, we probably WILL get a much-better, and more-comfortable
view, via closed-circuit TV , than would be possible if there were a lot
of pushing/shoving/crowding-around at the Courthouse.

As long as we, eventually, get an unrestricted viewing (&
photography!) of him, the trip will have been successful.

NOW, on another subject (which deserves its own thread; but hey, we're
only given 3 messages/day!) : Gwen Cains, of the POC, had written, to
say that she would try to contact VIRGIL EXNER, JR., to see if he could
be enticed to attend the clam-bake,  & possibly, to give a formal
"PRESENTATION/seminar" on his father/personal-recollections.....

I suggested that the 'Presentation' be held at a meeting room, in the
Doubletree, & that, if necessary to cover his travel expenses, a fee
might be charged for attending his 'speech'.

The logical nite for this event would be THUR 6/14/07.

However, Gwen's husband has been ill, and I do not know to what extent
she has been able to contact him.

A formal banquet would be nice, but, beyond Fearless Leader (& Virg Jr.)
, I don't know who should be sitting on the dais.

I believe that a No-Host bar-event would be nice, but someone would have
to procure a Premises/Event Liability policy---which is NOT difficult to
obtain, but an organization, like the POC, would probably be the 'one',
to acquire that event-policy.

I understand that Dave S. has, in the past,   had contact with "JR." .

Dave, if you still have cachet with him, you might try to contact Mr.
Exner, & explore his willingness to make a presentation to us.

I am fairly certain that I can arrange to secure a meeting room, @ the
'Tree.

Neil Vedder