Re: [FWDLK] Brake Lining Machine

I, too, have previously written, that Firm Feel company (sub-contracts
to a company that)
installs "carbon-metallic" barke linings onto our "Centerplane"  brake
shoes (on an 'exchange' basis) .

I have put Firm Feel's 11x3"  Bendix-system  brake shoes on my car, &
really notice an improved 'bite' , on braking application.

If you have an extra set of brake shoes (or can wait for 1-2 weeks,
during the winter, to receive-back your re-lined shoes, )  I highly
recommend Firm Feel's shoes.

According to recent articles, the lack of good braking grip, on the
Centerlines was not due so much to the close-fit of the brake drums, to
the inside diameter of the 14" wheels (which produced excessive heat
build-up, and "glazing" of the lings) , as to the chemical-compostion of
the linings, themselves.

No matter what/which aftermarket linings you get, I strongly suggest
that you consider upgrading the brake linings on your car(s).

Neil Vedder