Re: [FWDLK] Keeping a secret....

In a message dated 12/11/2006 6:49:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, wgraefen@xxxxxxx writes:
When I spoke with test driver Danny Eames (and had him look at and sit in my car) several years ago, he recalled phone calls from Daytona back "home" to Chrysler for help with the carbs.  I didn't know Joe then but the calls had to be to him
Thanks, Wayne, for the vote, but they wouldn't let me near any telephones...  They just came and said "Build the carbs like this", and I did so.  They had run dyno tests and mixed the jets for max power Wide-Open-Throttle.  As I recall, each carb had four different sizes of main jet.

At Chrysler, at that time, there was a distinct caste system, in some part due to the union-management relationship.  Mechanics didn't touch telephones, engineers didn't touch tools.  That's the way it was then.  I don't know how it is now.

Joe

Lake Orion, Mi.

Fun to drive, though!