Re: [FWDLK] Keeping a secret....

In a message dated 12/11/2006 7:41:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, wgraefen@xxxxxxx writes:
Are you saying you drove any of the 4speed Fs?

Yes, I did.  I still remember the ride.  I took it out Oakland avenue to Stevenson highway (Now I-75), out to 16 mile road or so and back.  I'd been cautioned to not over-rev it so kept looking at the tachometer on the center console during every shift.  There was no carb heat, so it stumbled badly off the line.  Clutch pedal was really hard.  Detroit City ends at Eight mile road.  The drill was: Get it moving in low, wind it out, look at the tach, look at the road, look at the speedometer, shift, wind it out, look at the tach, look at the road, Look at the speedometer, and so forth.  I did this at every red light outside of Detroit.  About every half-mile.

The last time I did it, I really let her rip...  Got over 100 before I realized it and damn near ran the light at the next mile road because of brakes!  Adrenalin had me shaking like a leaf all the way back.

GREAT RIDE!

Joe