[FWDLK] Listserv "netiquette"

I've been asked to send out the old email about list etiquette, and I agree it might be a good idea (it's been a while):

1) Before replying to a post, read all of your current list mail, as someone else may have already replied with the exact same thing.

2) When replying to an article it is not necessary to quote the entire article back to the list, use your editor to trim out all but what is relevant to your reply. This makes things a lot easier to read and saves bandwidth as well.

3) The focus of most of the people on this list is restoration and preservation. While modified/customized cars are fine, please limit your questions and responses to remain relevant to the list.  Asking about engine swaps etc.,  is fine, but once you find people willing to help, please move the discussion "off - list" and email each other privately.  This will help reduce the friction between some restorers and customizers.

4) SENDING OUT POSTS IN ALL CAPS IS CALLED "SHOUTING". IT'S HARD TO READ,  AND MAY ANNOY SOME PEOPLE BADLY.

5) Please DO NOT post jokes, virus warnings, or chain letters to the list.

6) "Flame wars" and bashing of other people's opinions, cars, etc are NOT permitted. The list is intended to be productive and informative. An animated discussion is fine, but remember, insults can hurt feelings.

7) "For Sale" and "Wanted" posts are fine, as long as the number of posts is within reason. Please, when possible, combine all your items wanted or items for sale into one message, rather than posting each item individually.  Remember the forums on the web site as well.

If you have questions about any of the above, just drop me a line.

-Dave Stragand