Re: [FWDLK] overdrive idea for aluminum torqueflight

Re: [FWDLK] overdrive idea for aluminum torqueflight

Seems to me tat some years ago, the O/D solution (on 413/440) was to simply take off the tail-stock and add one from a late model. "4th" gear was in the tailpiece.
Some tunnel mods may be needed as well as the rear cross-member.
It may have involved a manual "In/out" switch, but this arrangement we've been reading may solve that part.
It's been a while, but that's my memory and I'm sticking to it!
Ray