Re: [FWDLK] 300G manual trans promo GARBAGE

Re: [FWDLK] 300G manual trans promo GARBAGE

I couldn't agree more in regard to these auction tactics. What is very distressing to me is this propagation of misleading information. In a perfect world there would be a group of true experts assembled for classic and collector cars that issues a report that independently grades or authenticates collectable autos, a registry of some type. It may be a pipe dream but it sure would be a welcome improvement to the hobby were more and more the integrity erodes with truly shameful practices. You would think a giant like Barrett Jackson would require an independent description of a car but this is not the case and the seller describes his car leaving many ways for it to be misrepresented. Couple that with shill bidding and it just seems criminal. For sure it is nothing new to get a false description of a used car but in this age of easy access to information I believe the truth would be a great change of pace. I read an article by Galen Govier which basically sums it up pretty well, if we keep using false pretenses to "create" collector cars and down the road it damages the hobby to a large degree aren't we all are to blame for not stopping it.  Tim