From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Nichols
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:06 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Powerflite shift problem

I just picked up a low mileage very nice '56 Chrysler Windsor wagon.
It does have a few small problems though, one being the power steering
pump growl which I mentioned in a previous post.   The other problem is
that the Powerflite transmission when cold,  doesn't want to upshift to
high gear in D.  After about 10 minutes it shifts fine all day.
Somebody told me to add about 8 ounces of  Berrymans B-12 Chemtool to
"free up"  parts that may have been gummed up from the years of
sitting.   The car has 70,000 original miles and has sat for the last
12 years.  I'm not big on additives but am willing to give some a try
as long as no harm comes to the transmission.   I've heard these
solvents can mess up seals by softening them up too much causing leaks
later on.   Any info greatly appreciated.   thanks, Nick Nichols