Re: [FWDLK] power steering pump

I seem to remember turning the steering from lock to lock to purge air from the system.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] power steering pump

Just a possible fix, my wifes car went in for a recall on the power steering hose and when it was replaced it growled noticably when cold or turning slowly. I told here they must have somehow damaged the pump and she should take it back if it coontinued for more than a couple days. After a week or so she did and they said that they easily fixed the growl by removing an air pocket trapped in the hose. The car returned to normal (acceptable noise) level. I had never heard of that but maybe it was the problem. Tim